Accommodation (switching from near to television) is the responsibility of the natural human eye lens. Presbyopia describes the slow loss of elasticity of the natural lens that progresses with increasing age. The eye is increasingly limited in its ability to accommodate.
However, this variability of lens curvature is needed above all for near vision. The increasing rigidity of the lens has the consequence that man loses his near-sightedness over time. Everyday activities, such as reading, using the mobile phone or computer work, are becoming increasingly demanding. Therefore, the hitherto normal-sighted needs reading glasses.
In patients who suffer from astigmatism, the cornea of the eye is not uniformly „spherical“ arched, but it is curved differently. A distinction is made between genetically determined „regular“ and „irregular“ astigmatisms. The latter can be caused by eye diseases such. B. corneal inflammation caused.
The deformed cornea leads to irregularities in the refractive power of the eye, which when stroking objects from points become strokes or sticks. One speaks here of the so-called „astigmatism“: images and objects seem to the viewer more or less strongly „warped“. The environment is out of focus.
Maximum freedom of glasses for the best quality of life
By means of modern eye surgery, a correction of the presbyopia and at the same time the astigmatism can be achieved by a single, gentle routine procedure. By implanting a multifocal lens, the presbyopia can be optimally corrected and the patient can be restored to near, intermediate and distant vision, while the special optic design provides a precise and stable astigmatism correction optical distortion of the environment by the modern artificial lens are corrected almost perfectly.
Additional benefits: retinal protection
In the long term, despite corrected astigmatism, the quality of vision can be impaired by external influences such as sunlight. Multi-intensity lenses with violet light filters can already be a precautionary remedy.
These special lenses absorb the high-energy, retinal-damaging portion of the violet sunlight, without changing the image quality and the natural visual impression. The result: optimal retina protection! The special lens design of the multi-intensity lens also improves your contrast vision and your visual quality in the distance even in low light conditions.
The advantages of a multifocal lens:
- Highest freedom of glasses for the best quality of life!
- Optimal correction of astigmatism caused by individual lens fabrication.
- This modern artificial lens enables a sharp vision in the close range (30 to 50 centimeters) and in the forsight (from 200 centimeters) as well as in the intermediate area (50 to 200 centimeters)
- All activities of everyday life, such. as reading, shopping, computer work and active leisure activities, such as cycling, driving and other fitness and sports, are possible with almost no eyeglasses with this artificial lens
- Clinical studies attest to the multifocal lens a very high patient satisfaction!